Most Americans say Trump has acted irresponsibly and does not trust the White House about his health

Most Americans say Trump has acted irresponsibly and does not trust the White House about his health
With Trump is in the hospital At Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, 69% of Americans said they had little confidence in what they heard from the White House about the president’s health, while only 12% said they trusted almost all of it.

Rejection of the president’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak reached a new high in the survey, with 60% saying they disagree. Additionally, 63% said their infection was unlikely to change anything in the way they deal with the pandemic.

Questions about Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis have been added to a survey already taking place on Friday.

Overall, Trump’s approval rating is 40% who agree with 57% rejecting it. The rejection rate increased from 53% in early September.

About a third (32%) said they were concerned about the government’s ability to function during Trump’s illness, with anxiety higher among Democrats (48% very or somewhat anxious) than independents (30%) or Republicans (15%). The majority, 62%, say Vice President Mike Pence is qualified to take over the presidency if necessary, while 35% believe he is not. These opinions are also deeply divided by the party. While 93% of Republicans consider Pence eligible to take over the presidency, only 38% of Democrats agree.

The view that Trump acted irresponsibly regarding the risk of contracting the coronavirus to others around him cuts across most demographic lines, and is particularly strong among the many groups whose support may be crucial in Trump’s bid for reelection. Of the women, 72% said Trump acted irresponsibly. It’s 66% among those 65 and over as well as independents, and 65% among whites with college degrees. Supporters of the president (79%) and Republicans (76%) are the only groups in which a majority says Trump has acted responsibly.

READ  NYPD asks officers to prepare for deployment pending election protests

Distrust of information from the White House about the president’s health also crosses most demographic lines, and again, Republicans (65%) and Trump voters (66%) are some of the only groups that say a majority say they trust most of what they hear about Trump. the health.

However, there is agreement across party lines that Trump’s diagnosis will not change the way he deals with the pandemic. Most Democrats (70%), Independents (59%) and Republicans (62%) agree.

The sharp increase in rejection of Trump’s handling of the Coronavirus comes among women (from 63% disagree to 69%) more than men (48% last month, 51% now), and among people of color (65% to 73%) more than whites. (52% at the time, 53% now), and it has increased among the elderly (from 57% to 62%) and those under the age of 35 (from 59% to 67%), while remaining nearly constant among those aged 35 and 64 years old.

Most Americans interviewed after Trump’s diagnosis said the remaining debates should be held: 59% said yes, 36% said no, with Democrats more inclined to say it (49%) than independents (39%) or Republicans (17%).

Americans are evenly divided on whether the coronavirus outbreak is behind us (48%) or is yet to come (47%). In early September, opinions on this question took a turn for the worse (51% are behind, 43% are yet to come), but infection numbers have been on the rise in several states in recent days.

Democrats continue to argue that the future is worse (69%) than independents (48%) or Republicans (20%), but the shift since September is mostly coming among Republicans. In last month’s poll, only 11% of Republicans said the worst was ahead, while Democrats (69%) and independents (47%) were roughly the same now.

READ  Fox News portrayed it as one of the biggest scandals in American history. Then he collapsed

Far from being divided over the course of the Corona virus outbreak in the country, Americans are far from the union in their comfort level in returning to the usual routine, and in the case of the economy and their willingness to get a vaccine for the Corona virus if it is available. Partisanship is the core of each of these divisions.

Overall, 50% said they were uncomfortable returning to their normal routine today, while 49% said they were. Among the Democrats, 81% are uncomfortable returning to pre-coronavirus measures now, while among Republicans, 82% said they are comfortable.

About a third of Americans (33%) say the economy is starting to recover from the downturn caused by the outbreak, the highest in CNN surveys going back to June, but Americans are likely to say the economy is still getting worse. (35%). Democrats and Republicans are at odds here too, with 65% of Republicans saying the economy is rising and 58% of Democrats saying the situation is getting worse.

Perhaps most disturbing is the split over whether a coronavirus vaccine should be obtained if it is available at low cost. Overall, 51% said they would try to be vaccinated, the lowest in a CNN survey since May. While most Americans say they are confident that ongoing vaccine trials balance correctly between safety and speed (61%), the survey indicates a shifting party divide over whether to vaccinate as Trump promotes a fast-moving process for approval.

In a poll in August, Trump supporters led much of the shift against the quest for a vaccine, shifting from the 51% who say they will get vaccinated in May to 38% in August. Their preparedness for a coronavirus vaccine remains almost the same, at 41%. Between the Democratic presidential candidate Joe BidenHowever, supporters of the movement, who said they would request vaccination in May and August (79% they will get a vaccine in May, 74% in August) have shrunk to 60% saying they will get vaccinated now.

The CNN survey was conducted by SSRS October 1-4 among a random national sample of 1,205 adults accessed on landlines or cell phones by a live interviewer. The results for the complete sample have a sampling error margin of more or less 3.3 percentage points. For the questions added on October 2, they increase or decrease 4.2 percentage points.

READ  Twitter engages with Jan Blachowicz's TKO for Dominick Reyes
Written By
More from Arzu

Harris, prominent Democrats are listed as “primary contacts” for Biden’s family business ventures

ExclusiveThe list of “key local contacts” for a joint venture involving Jim...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *